One thing I realized is that not all exercise has to kill you and make you want to throw up. There doesn’t have to be pain in everything!
Here are a few things I love doing that doesn’t make me feel like I’m dying:
- SO SO much fun! It is a killer workout for your arms especially if the water level is low but also very relaxing. If you want to just float along the river and enjoy the nature you can. A solid Saturday activity.
- Being at college I get cabin fever often. I recently joined a hiking club on campus and these small adventures on the weekend give me a boost of happiness.
- Walking my Dogs
- I am obsessed with my Australian shepherds (Webster and Dublin) and any time I can find when I am home to walk them I do.
- Group Exercise Classes
- Not only do they show me different exercises that I didn’t know before, but they are also extremley motivating. Having someone in the front of a room encouraging me to do my best is the best form of motivation.
- Dance Classes!!
- I Irish danced for four years when I was younger, but since then I lost any sense of balance. I went with a group of my girls and tried cardio hip hop and I couldn’t stop laughing at myself. This exercise was out of my comfort zone but light-hearted and fun.
- Bike Riding
- I love bike riding around town, to restaurants or on a stationary bike at the gym. This has low-impact on my knees and is a great form of transportation
Doing all of these things help me still enjoy exercising and not have a love/hate relationship with the gym.